Wednesday, April 20, 2011


I was in the hospital the other day. My girlfriend had bruised her sternum from dog walking a crazy bitch. A fight broke out in the middle of the ER so everyone waiting to see their someone, was moved into a large waiting room. I sketched a little to kill time. It was interesting to see the way people positioned themselves, compared to my usual figure studying on the train. The uncomfortable quiet stress being shared by everyone in the room seemed to make everyone physically unbalanced. when finally we were asked to come and get visitor passes to go back in, a line was formed and the first person crossed their arms. Like a row of dominoes, every one else uncomfortably crossed their arms. Theres a certain amount of social training that goes into the average person. I bet the first thing I'll do next time I'm in a hospital, without realizing it, is fold my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment